FULL-TIME, 6 MONTHS
The Monteverdi Arts Management Training Programme
About the Programme
The Monteverdi Arts Management Training Programme offers a bridge between university and the professional world for graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in arts administration. Placements are currently voluntary and unpaid, but we offer a contribution towards travel and lunch costs. Previous trainees have gone on to secure positions with major arts organisations such as The Royal Opera House, Dance UK, Sage Gateshead, The Sixteen, Albion Media and The Agency Group.
How Trainees benefit from the Programme
- Our placements offer the invaluable opportunity to work behind the scenes of an ambitious and fast-paced arts organisation directed by Sir John Eliot Gardiner, one of the most versatile and sought after conductors of our time.
- The organisation is in the unique position of managing two period-instrument orchestras, whose members are world-renowned in their field, as well as the greatest professional choir in the world.
- Our Trainees build a solid foundation of experience in arts management and office administration within a positive and innovative environment.
- As well as offering you career advice, we can provide support in finding a permanent role in the industry at the end your placement and offer guidance in writing CVs and job applications, and improving interview skills.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for motivated and energetic graduates who are passionate about music and keen to embark on a career in arts management. Key qualities we will look for in applicants are:
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in / knowledge of classical music
- A pro-active and professional attitude to work
- Professional telephone manner and demeanour
- An excellent command of English (written/spoken)
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT TRAINEESHIP
The Development team is responsible for generating income for the activities of the Monteverdi Choir & Orchestras through raising funds from individual giving, trusts and foundations, corporate sponsorships, events and the membership programme (UK and USA).
By the end of the placement you will have acquired a good understanding of development within the performing arts, and the practical skills to help you move confidently towards your first development job. In this role you will have the chance to:
- Gain an understanding of the annual membership campaign through assistance with sending out mailings, acknowledging donors, processing payments, and producing regular income reports
- Develop events promotion and management skills. This could include assisting with the administration and coordination of fundraising and members’ events, booking attendees, producing guest lists, researching suppliers, liaising with external partners, greeting guests and producing other event materials
- Acquire experience in database management (including maintenance of the ‘Raiser’s Edge’ database and inputting data); financial and analytical reporting, and producing online gift aid claims
- Improve interpersonal and communication skills, and learn to build effective professional relationships, not only with the Monteverdi administration team, but also with a number of external associates including supporters, Monteverdi apprentices, musicians and venues
- Develop a sense of good fundraising practice in a fast-paced environment through attendance and participation in meetings
- Gain an understanding of the daily running of a busy arts administration office: this could include tasks such as answering and re-directing phone-calls, handling post, responding to general queries from the public, purchasing office supplies, booking couriers and taxis, and greeting visitors to the office
Start date: flexible
Interviews: suitable candidates will be invited for interview as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY?
Forward us your application, comprising of your CV and a motivation letter outlining your suitability for our Development Trainee placement. Please also fill out the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Download the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Monteverdi Choir & Orchestras is an equal opportunities employer