FULL-TIME, 6 MONTHS
The Monteverdi Arts Management Training Programme
About the Programme
The Monteverdi Arts Management Training Programme offers a bridge between university and the professional world for graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in arts administration. Placements are currently voluntary and unpaid, but we offer a contribution towards travel and lunch costs. Previous trainees have gone on to secure positions with major arts organisations such as The Royal Opera House, Dance UK, Sage Gateshead, The Sixteen, Albion Media and The Agency Group.
How Trainees benefit from the Programme
- Our placements offer the invaluable opportunity to work behind the scenes of an ambitious and fast-paced arts organisation directed by Sir John Eliot Gardiner, one of the most versatile and sought after conductors of our time.
- The organisation is in the unique position of managing two period-instrument orchestras, whose members are world-renowned in their field, as well as the greatest professional choir in the world.
- Our Trainees build a solid foundation of experience in arts management and office administration within a positive and innovative environment.
- As well as offering you career advice, we can provide support in finding a permanent role in the industry at the end your placement and offer guidance in writing CVs and job applications, and improving interview skills.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for motivated and energetic graduates who are passionate about music and keen to embark on a career in arts management. Key qualities we will look for in applicants are:
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in / knowledge of classical music
- A pro-active and professional attitude to work
- Professional telephone manner and demeanour
- An excellent command of English (written/spoken)
ABOUT THE MARKETING TRAINEESHIP
The Marketing team is responsible for expanding our audiences, publicising our activities, and engaging our fan community worldwide. Working directly alongside the Marketing & Communications Manager, you will learn about all aspects of the marketing mix, on both digital and 'traditional' platforms.
By the end of the placement you will have acquired a good understanding of marketing within the performing arts, and the practical skills to help you move confidently towards your first Marketing job.
- Learn about digital: you will be trained on how to work with a website (from daily content updates to overall strategy), how to use social media for business (defining objectives, creating a content calendar, monitoring results), and how to design effective digital campaigns
- Understand analytics: you will get training on the marketer's basic data "toolbox" such as website, social media and e-marketing analytics, and how to use them to improve future results
- Improve your copywriting skills: learning key skills such as tailoring content to different audiences and platforms, making your message clear and engaging, proofreading to ensure quality and consistency
- Get first-hand experience of event promotion: by working directly on promoting of our upcoming concerts, you will get an overview of how to plan and implement a publicity campaign. This could include design, digital and social advertising, print, print distribution, interpreting and responding to box office data, etc.
- Learn about other marketing areas, including planning, branding, and PR. You could be invited to contribute to research for larger projects as well as daily activities in those areas. You will get to share your creative ideas with the team, and learn how to adapt those ideas according to overall strategy/ budgets/ time requirements
- Improve interpersonal and communication skills, and learn to build effective professional relationships, not only with the Monteverdi administration staff, but also with a number of external associates including promoters, agents, performers and various suppliers
- Gain an understanding of the daily running of a busy arts administration office: this could include tasks such as answering and re-directing phone-calls, handling post, responding to general queries from the public, purchasing office supplies, booking couriers and taxis, and greeting visitors to the office
Start date: flexible
Interviews: suitable candidates will be invited for interview as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY?
Forward us your application, comprising of your CV and a motivation letter outlining your suitability for our Marketing Trainee placement. Please also fill out the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Download the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form