Monteverdi Apprentices Programme
Credit: Bertrand de Miollis / Olivier Desvaux
"Our apprentices have proved to be a magnificent addition to the Monteverdi ensembles since we established the pioneering scheme in 2007. In short, a Monteverdi Apprenticeship provides an holistic and comprehensive programme offering the very best young musicians a bridge between university, conservatoire and the professional work."
Sir John Eliot Gardiner
About the Apprentices Programme
The aim of the Apprentices Programme is to recruit the most promising young performers – those on the verge of entering the profession – and introduce them to the musical tradition of the Monteverdi Choir and the working practices of Sir John Eliot Gardiner by way of a year-long apprenticeship, involving participation in the Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists and the Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique projects, as well as additional mentoring and coaching sessions with the Monteverdi musical staff.
For the successful applicants the benefits are manifold:
- to be introduced to the highest level of choral singing available in the UK and on the international scene;
- to spend time working on and performing a wide repertoire with the Monteverdi Choir, Sir John Eliot Gardiner and the Choir’s associated orchestras, by participating in rehearsals and observing projects;
- to receive an excellent preparation for a performing career, learning at an early stage of development about the exacting demands and working practices of an internationally renowned ensemble;
- to receive additional educational benefits ranging from individual mentoring and coaching to audition technique seminars;
- to learn to work in a team within the multi-national environment of the Choir and orchestras;
- depending on availability, there may be a possibility to participate in MCO educational projects, communicating your enthusiasm for classical music to those who have had no experience of it .
Please note we are currently not accepting applications for our 2018 Apprentices Programme, Check here and on our Social Media for info about next round of applications.